Stateside Foods is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Freiberger Group. The facility in Bolton supplies chilled pizzas and frozen pizza crusts, both branded and customer own label. The production factory is one of the largest chilled pizza manufacturers in the UK.
Designer Group carried out the mechanical and electrical installation with the new fully automated chilled pizza factory. The construction time frame for this project was short, therefore the installation process relied heavily on the utilization of prefabricated materials. The mechanical and electrical installations were carried out in parallel with the production line equipment installation. This project required a great deal of client interaction with Stateside Foods and coordination with multinational suppliers of process equipment. The client has created a unique production process and at the client’s request images of the interior of the building are not displayed by Designer Group.
Designer Group carried out installation of the following services
- Factory wide sprinkler system.
- Fully integrated compressed air system to provide pneumatic power for the production lines
- Production hot water facility, to maintain production water temperatures to strict design parameters
- Fully controlled ventilation system with integrated heat recovery mechanisms
- Ethylene glycol chilled water system to cool the production line
- Water filtration and chlorination system for incoming water services
- Traditional mechanical installation consisting of hot and cold water services, sanitary ware, drainage system etc.
- Security system suite, access control and GSM intercom system to allow communication for the large transport fleet
- L1 fire alarm system using a combination of air sampling and addressable smoke detectors
- Installation of a new low voltage switch room to distribute electrical power throughout the facility
- A programmable logic controller (PLC) fault alarm system to monitor the operation of essential services, ventilation system and refrigeration plant
- An engineering call system, this is a visual display to represent the distress or status level within different areas of the factory
- A CAT6 data highway to link the process machines to the facility mainframe
- Extensive fibre optic data cabling system to link numerous communication rooms
- Traditional electrical installation, general power services, containment, lighting and emergency lighting, etc.