Our client are suppliers of part baked frozen bread, sweet cakes, confectionery, pastries, and desserts to the food service market in the UK and Ireland. The company has grown considerably. An expanding product line and a call for increased efficiency from new production machinery resulted in the construction of the new plant in Dublin 24.
This installation consisted of the complete MV/LV Electrical and IT installations to the 52,000 sq.m development, consisting of the manufacturing plant, production area, cold stores, battery charging area and support offices. In line with our client’s request we have not shown images of the unique production process.
Designer Group carried out installation of the following services
- Lighting, emergency lighting and external lighting installations
- Lighting control system
- Complete CAT 6 data network installation
- Data highway fibre network
- Complete general services installation throughout
- Stainless steel containment arrangement in the production areas
- Electrical installation within cold store and freezer environments
- Extensive power and control cabling for automated processes
- L1 fire alarm throughout, using Very Early Smoke Detection (VESDA) and addressable detectors
- Disabled support systems, accessible accessories, toilet alarms, refuge systems
- Full security suite, access control, canteen payment system, CCTV, intruder alarm
- Monitored leak and flood detection system in comms room
Medium & Low Voltage Electrical Distribution Installation
- The electrical power supply to the facility is rated at a 20KV capacity. The supply is evenly distributed across the site and fed via 3no. sub-stations.
- Sub-station No.1; Houses the MV incoming supply and the LV feeder distribution system. The MV switchgear consists of 8no. ABB Safe Ring Panels, 2no. incomers, 2no. ring feeders, bus tie, bus riser and transformer feeder. The LV in this sub-station comprises of 2no. Main Distribution Boards (MDBs) fed via 630 kVA and 2 MVA transformers.
- Sub-station No.2; Contains 2no. LV MDB’s fed via a 1.6 MVA transformer which supplies 80% of the production hall. A further 2no. MDB’s fed via 2no. 3.5 MVA transformers supply the entire cold store and spiral freezers located in the production hall.
- Sub-station No.3; Contains a LV MDB which is fed via a 1.6 MVA transformer