Designer Group is a leading international engineering solutions group with operations covering Ireland, the UK, Germany, Africa and the United States.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit Site Managers for our Dublin and Donegal Projects , that are passionate about the continued growth and success of the company.
Key Roles & Responsibilities;
- Be familiar with the Safety and Health Regulations and company policy applicable to the work on which you are engaged and insist that the prescribed standards are observed.
- Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that safe systems of work are in place.
- Ensure that the relevant H&S paperwork is in place for all tasks.
- Maintain a tidy workplace. Arrange for regular clean-up periods. Appoint person responsible. Insist that all persons on site, employees, sub-contractors, self employed visitors wear safety helmets, high visibility jacket, gloves and goggles. Do not allow anyone to work without these items. (Ref: Protection Clothing/Equipment).
- Ensure that adequate access and egress throughout the site comply with the regulations.
- Distribute and record the issuing of safety equipment/clothing and ensure its proper use by all personnel on site.
- Supervision of all on-site personnel – specialist sub-contract, agency and direct employees etc.
- Plan labour and material requirements at least two weeks in advance, ensuring adequate stocks/materials are available on site at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Company’s 3 day ordering process.
- In conjunction with Project Manager, manage all aspects of programming of works and monitoring building progress; specified and alternative equipment submittals, compliance with regulations and issue weekly progress reports.
- Ensure productivity monitoring is put in place for all direct employed/agency operatives.
- Complete daily harmony meetings and record same.
- Co-ordination of installation.
- Record any changes in site diary and advise Contracts Manager – No variations to be completed unless prior agreement is in place.
- Issue weekly progress reports to Contracts Manager.
- Co-ordination of plant movement and plant records, and keeping log records up to date and accurate and reporting plant issues.
- Co-ordination of delivery of materials to site, when required, including checking quantity and quality of deliveries and taking full responsibility for same.
- Liaison with clients, main contractors, specialists and other trades personnel as and when required.
- Attendance at all project related and management meetings as required.
- Comply with Designer Group’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems including monitoring and maintaining site documentation.
- Comply with Designer Group Policies and Procedures throughout day to day working.
Skills and Experience;
- Ideally 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record in delivering results.
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management.
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good oral & written communication skills