Designer Group is a leading international engineering solutions group with operations covering Ireland, the UK, Germany, Africa and the United States.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit Senior Estimator, that is passionate about the continued growth and success of the company.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with relevant Manager/Buying Department
- Measurement of work to maximise the value of applications to our clients.
- Review Site Programmes in respect to delays, disruption, damage and sub-contract program, and ensure as-built records are maintained and appropriate policies/correspondence is issued accordingly.
- Administer applications for payment and payment of sub-contractors to ensure positive cash flow where possible and fair valuations.
- Assist in commercial management of contracts and the cost reporting of contracts.
- Assist in the production of final accounts and additional cost application.
- Assist in the production of sub-contract documents.
- Assist with the preparation of contractual claims.
- Maintain spreadsheets for quotes, budget estimates and general commercial monitoring of projects.
- General contract administration.
- Assisting with monthly valuations and the preparation of variations.
- Preparation of bill of quantities, budgets, take-offs.
- Involvement with the compilation of tender documents and procurement strategy.
- Assessment of sub-contractors applications for payment.
- Assist the Commercial Manager in the preparation of monthly commercial reports.
The Estimation work will require you to undertake the following:
- Tender work packages of materials as directed by the Estimating Manager.
- Send out tenders to suppliers and subcontractors and expedite the returns on time
- Prepare take offs for materials showing on drawing as directed by the Commercial Director.
- Track progress on all external tenders and report accordingly.
- Updating of Materials database and Discount Database for estimating system
- Keep accurate tendering records accurate and efficient including drawing registers, specifications, and correspondences from clients.
- Attend site surveys and liaise with other departments, suppliers and sub-contractors to tender submission stage.
Skills and Experience
- Hold a relevant Bachelors Degree.
- 5+ years in a similar role
- Proven track record in delivering results, and be results driven.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org