Website Designer Group
Senior Electrical Engineer
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation to our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Bid Electrical tenders as directed by the Estimating Manager
- Track progress of all external tenders and report accordingly.
- Update the Materials database and Discount Database for estimating software system
- Prepare material & labour take offs from design drawings.
- Send out tender enquiries to subcontractors and suppliers ensuring value for money is always achieved.
- Checking measured quantities in pricing documents against drawings and other tender documents.
- Attend site surveys and liaise with other departments, suppliers and sub-contractors at tender submission stage.
- Keep accurate tendering records including drawing registers, specifications, and correspondences from clients.
- Input data to pricing documents & estimating software.
- Cost analysis and reviews of sub-contractor/supplier costings.
- Tender Finalisation with Estimating manager & Senior Management Team
- Develop the skills & mentor the Junior members of the team.
- Liaise with clients & develop good working client relationships
- Work closely with the commercial, operations, procurement and engineering teams to deliver value for money, control budgets and assess value engineering opportunities.
- Improve and implement best practice commercial processes and accurate budgeting & cost planning.
- Liaise with engineering and sales teams to ensure compliance with all contractual requirements and providing advice and monitoring of same.
- Ensure any tender non-conformances are qualified in the tender submission.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Honest & Passionate
- Positive “can-do” & determined to win attitude
- Always willing to learn & develop
- Willing to teach others
- Agile and motivated individual
- Team Player
- Ability to build rapport and good working relationships with all stakeholders
- A Company Pension Plan
- Health Benefits
- Social Club
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience
- Friendly, professional & innovative atmosphere
- Excellent environment for professional growth
- Career progression opportunities
- Experience in pricing jobs from 1 million to over 10 million euro.
- Minimum of 5 – 10 years’ experience in a similar role
- Some level of legal awareness and competence in assessing contract documents and contract requirements.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills dealing with design team / client / meetings & internal team members etc.
- Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, constructive questioning and decision-making ability
- Proficient in the use of PC software packages.
- A hands-on collaborative approach to leadership and management in order to build good working relationship with co-workers and clients.
- Must have fluent English & be eligible to work in Ireland.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com