Website Designer Group
Health & Safety Officer (Multi-Site Based)
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating works with the client, PSDP/PSCS and other trades on site.
- Conducting regular site audits and carrying out inspections to ensure safe operating procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
- Auditing and assessing potential new contractors before they commence works.
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required.
- Continue to develop the companies Behavioural Safety Policies and carry out training as required.
- Supervise and manage safety and environmental documentation to support the Company’s integrated safety management system.
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the HSA as necessary.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
- Maintain the required SQE registers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Prepare and deliver training courses, including training assessments.
- Representation at site meetings as may be required.
- Reviewing the SWP’s (Safe Work Plans) for the tasks on site.
- Provide SQE advice and direction to relevant personnel on site as required.
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Hold a recognised SHEQ qualification
- Minimum of 3/4 years SHEQ Officer experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork and presentation skills
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Full, clean driving licence
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org