Designer Group has established itself as a leading Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Company.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor, that is passionate about the continued growth and success of the company.
Role and Responsibilities;
- Attending estimation to operations meetings to gather and gather and review the project information in detail from the estimating department then analysing before agreeing on project targets.
- Prepare Tender Risk Analysis based on standard format, Contract documentation including bill of quantities.
- Evaluate the terms and conditions of sub-contractors / contractors with emphasis on risk, Program, Terms & Conditions, Design Responsibilities etc.
- Project set up – setting budgets for materials, labour, prelims and major plant items all in conjunction with the Buying and Operations team.
- Placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with relevant Managers/Buying and Operations Department.
- Project cash flows at set up stage and throughout the duration of works.
- Measurement of work to maximise the value of application.
- Administer applications for payments to the client whilst reviewing internal costs to maximise and maintain positive cash flow.
- Payments of sub-contractors to ensure positive cash flow where possible and fair valuations.
- Run accurate Commercial Cost Control Reports on projects ensuring reports clearly identify committed costs, forecast costs for materials, sub-contract and labour in addition to preliminaries etc.
- To prepare and present monthly company reports at each project and/or business review, in line with company formats and standards.
- Set up and maintain variations logs with feed into costs as outlined above for all client variations and sub-contract variations, including the management and agreement of such variations.
- Review Site Programmes in respect to delays, disruptions, damage and sub-contract program.
- Ensure that client relationships are enhanced to maximise on current and future opportunities.
- respond to client letters in a fitting and contractual manner t ensure that the companies position is protected at all times.
- Identify, analysis and develop responses to commercial risks in conjunction wit the Managing QS/Commercial Director.
- Provide advise on contractual claims – analysing outcomes and forecast and report as required.
- Always act in a manner fitting to the business and uphold the company’s standards internally and externally a all times.
- General contract administration.
- Preparation of bill of quantities, budgets, take offs.
- Involvement with the compilation of tender documents and procurement strategy.
- Assessment of sub-contractor’s applications for payment.
- Assist the Managing QS/Commercial Director in the preparation of monthly commercial reports.
- Assist the Estimation Department form time to time on the preparation of estimates.
- Use the company’s financial systems to the benefit of the business to ensure accurate cost reporting.
Skills & Experience;
- Third level Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills dealing with design team / client / meetings etc.
- Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative.
To apply for this job email your details to IRLcareers@designergrp.com