Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation to our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry
Role and Responsibilities;
- Attending estimation to operations meetings to gather and gather and review the project information in detail from the estimating department then analysing before agreeing on project targets.
- Prepare Tender Risk Analysis based on standard format, Contract documentation including bill of quantities.
- Evaluate the terms and conditions of sub-contractors / contractors with emphasis on risk, Program, Terms & Conditions, Design Responsibilities etc.
- Project set up – setting budgets for materials, labour, prelims and major plant items all in conjunction with the Buying and Operations team.
- Placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with relevant Managers/Buying and Operations Department.
- Project cash flows at set up stage and throughout the duration of works.
- Measurement of work to maximise the value of application.
- Administer applications for payments to the client whilst reviewing internal costs to maximise and maintain positive cash flow.
- Payments of sub-contractors to ensure positive cash flow where possible and fair valuations.
- Run accurate Commercial Cost Control Reports on projects ensuring reports clearly identify committed costs, forecast costs for materials, sub-contract and labour in addition to preliminaries etc.
- To prepare and present monthly company reports at each project and/or business review, in line with company formats and standards.
- Set up and maintain variations logs with feed into costs as outlined above for all client variations and sub-contract variations, including the management and agreement of such variations.
- Review Site Programmes in respect to delays, disruptions, damage and sub-contract program.
- Ensure that client relationships are enhanced to maximise on current and future opportunities.
- respond to client letters in a fitting and contractual manner t ensure that the companies position is protected at all times.
- Identify, analysis and develop responses to commercial risks in conjunction wit the Managing QS/Commercial Director.
- Provide advise on contractual claims – analysing outcomes and forecast and report as required.
- Always act in a manner fitting to the business and uphold the company’s standards internally and externally a all times.
- General contract administration.
- Preparation of bill of quantities, budgets, take offs.
- Involvement with the compilation of tender documents and procurement strategy.
- Assessment of sub-contractor’s applications for payment.
- Assist the Managing QS/Commercial Director in the preparation of monthly commercial reports.
- Assist the Estimation Department form time to time on the preparation of estimates.
- Use the company’s financial systems to the benefit of the business to ensure accurate cost reporting.
Skills & Experience;
- Third level Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills dealing with design team / client / meetings etc.
- Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com