Designer Group is a leading international engineering solutions group with operations covering Ireland, the UK, Germany, Africa and the United States. We are looking to recruit an number of Electrical Project Engineers.
These roles will be a full-time, permanent position and based at Designer Group Head Office in Ballycoolin, Dublin and client sites in the Dublin and Donegal.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, the roles and requirements, as well as personal specifications for the position, are as outlined below:
- Preparation of design drawings with a design input.
- Carrying out alternations to working drawings.
- Communication with other staff to ensure drawings are the most recent and that office and site drawings are the same.
- Monitoring drawing control.
- Working with 3D drawing models, creating and editing
- Taking an active part in the co-ordination of services drawings liaising with project team.
- Preparation of Technical Submittals
- Undertake a design review and provide value engineering Solutions
- Develop Design and Build Tenders to a preliminary design stage to facilitate the estimators
- in take offs, scheduling of equipment and pricing.
- Preparation of preconstruction manuals and specifications.
- Further develop value engineering solutions, including detailed computations and sketches
- for approval by the consultant.
- Review the Construction Issue documentation and undertake a comparison between the
- Tender documentation.
- Oversee the production of co-ordinated construction issue drawings and documentation
- Prepare RFI’s and issue to main contractor
- Prepare and monitor procurement schedule
- Prepare and monitor Technical Submittals for approval by consultant
- Provide attendance at design meetings
- Review BCAR preliminary inspection plan
- Monitor LEED requirements and submittals
- Review the BIM Execution Plan and monitor the production of BIM drawings
- Attendance and weekly meetings where necessary
- Preparation of O&M Manuals
- Assistance with client demonstrations
- Review and provide attendance during commissioning stage
- Liaising with Purchasing Manager and working to Designer Group Purchasing policies and systems.
- Liaising with relevant/Project Manager in relation to raising Internal Requisitions and generation of Purchase Orders.
- Dealing with suppliers to obtain most cost effective order price this will be done in conjunction with the relevant/Project Manager.
- Obtaining details/submittals from suppliers for presentations to the project team.
- Ensuring procurement schedules up to date and issued weekly.
- Update weekly procurement schedules to include RFSA Status, Sample Equipment Status, Proposed and actual delivery dates.
- Liaising with operations staff, suppliers, clients and project teams on a daily basis and based on project requirements.
- Fulfilling commitments in relation to issuing weekly project related progress reports to include RFI schedule; procurement schedule, program update; current progress status; key issues etc.
- Ensure full understanding and compliance with Designer Group policies and procedures through day to day working.
- Comply with Designer Group’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems, liaising with both the Health & Safety Manager and Quality Managers.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proactive in approach.
- Results driven.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
To apply for this job email your details to IRLcareers@designergrp.com