Designer Group is a leading international engineering solutions group with operations covering Ireland, the UK, Germany, Africa and the United States.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit a Mechanical Supervisors , that are passionate about the continued growth and success of the company.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be familiar with the Safety and Health Regulations and company policy applicable to the work on which you are engaged and insist that the prescribed standards are observed.
- Ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that safe systems of work are in place.
- Ensure that the relevant H&S paperwork is in place for all tasks.
- Maintain a tidy workplace. Arrange for regular clean-up periods. Appoint person responsible. Insist that all persons on site, employees, sub-contractors, self employed visitors wear safety helmets, high visibility jacket, gloves and goggles. Do not allow anyone to work without these items. (Ref: Protection Clothing/Equipment).
- Ensure that adequate access and egress throughout the site comply with the regulations.
- Distribute and record the issuing of safety equipment/clothing and ensure its proper use by all personnel on site.
- Supervision of all on-site personnel – specialist sub-contract, agency and direct employees etc.
- Plan labour and material requirements at least two weeks in advance, ensuring adequate stocks/materials are available on site at all times.
- Ensure compliance with Company’s 3 day ordering process.
- In conjunction with Project Manager, manage all aspects of programming of works and monitoring building progress; specified and alternative equipment submittals, compliance with regulations and issue weekly progress reports.
- Ensure productivity monitoring is put in place for all direct employed/agency operatives.
- Complete daily harmony meetings and record same.
- Co-ordination of installation.
- Record any changes in site diary and advise Contracts Manager – No variations to be completed unless prior agreement is in place.
- Issue weekly progress reports to Contracts Manager.
- Co-ordination of plant movement and plant records, and keeping log records up to date and accurate and reporting plant issues.
- Co-ordination of delivery of materials to site, when required, including checking quantity and quality of deliveries and taking full responsibility for same.
- Liaison with clients, main contractors, specialists and other trades personnel as and when required.
- Attendance at all project related and management meetings as required.
- Comply with Designer Group’s Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems including monitoring and maintaining site documentation.
- Comply with Designer Group Policies and Procedures throughout day to day working.
Skills and Experience;
- Ideally 2+ years experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record in delivering results.
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management.
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good oral & written communication skills
To apply for this job please visit recruitment'designergrp.com.