Website Designer Group
Designer Group – QA/QC Mechanical
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Duties of Mechanical Quality Assurance and Quality Control Manager
- Taking responsibility for the quality aspect of Mechanical installations
- Testing and inspecting of all Designer Group Mechanical installations
- Training up of Designer Group Employees to carry out testing on their own work
- Ensuring that Test Equipment is kept up to date and calibrated
- Monitoring Quality of Sub Contractors installations
- Issuing snag lists using the Installation Record book for all Designer Group Mechanical installation’s works.
- Remaining informed and updating staff on any changes to industry standards and or standard procedures
- Organising and attending SQE meetings with Contracts Managers on a minimum bi-monthly basis.
- Issuing weekly reports on site visits /activities and ensuring that this report accurately reflects what is found on site.
- Prepare weekly reports for the Contract Managers. These should be prepared every Monday in time for the Wednesday meeting. A Copy of all reports should also be presented to the Managing Director.
- All work must be carried out in line with ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 18001 quality procedures.
- Commissioning Redline Alterations to work drawings.
- Liaise and coordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Seek to clarify queries with the design team through the request for information (RFI) system
- Validation of electrical design.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
- Carry out QA/QC document control, recording & transmitting information.
- Inspect and assess the work of sub-contractors.
- Carry out Quality Control through inspections and snagging.
- Preparation of test packs for recording the completion of systems.
- Commissioning Scheduling.
- Assist in preparing commissioning programs using MS project.
- Assist with the commissioning of all systems installed.
- Ensure adherence to safety and quality standards.
- Ensuring all latest building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
- Perform all daily inspection and test of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed ON or OFF site.
- Carry out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures in the site and ensures activity at the site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan.
- Coordinate with the consultant’s representative and Site In-charge for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Report.
- Report to the QA/QC Manager, control and monitor all activities related to the Quality Management System.
- Taking care of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents. Responsible for closure of Non-conformance, NCR and Site Instruction, SI.
- Responsible in the quality and workmanship of every activity, thorough knowledge of all phases of engineering construction relating to Civil, Architectural and Structural discipline interfacing the multidisciplinary operations.
- Develop a method statement for the activity including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis and Inspection Test Plan and Checklist based on specifications of the project.
- Carry out Internal Audit at the site as scheduled in the Project Quality Plan, PQP.
- Liaise the Technical Engineer for submission of material submittals to Consultant.
- Proven experience working with databases and systems, including inputting and extracting information
- A third level relevant qualification
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational / planning skills
- Ability to self-manage, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Flexible and willing to work in a constantly changing environment of a growing company
- Ability to support, manage, lead and enthuse others.
- Excellent presentation skills and willing to take the lead in such presentations as required
- Willing to undertake further training should the company believe necessary for the role
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org