Mechanical Project Manager
Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry
Mechanical Project Manager Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaising with key Project Stakeholders to deliver all aspects of assigned projects.
- Develop Project Execution strategies.
- Develop and manage site logistics (mobilisation / demobilisation) plans.
- Develop and implement Project Schedules in accordance with key milestones, coordinating with all trades and CSA works.
- Develop and Track Project Labour Histograms including weekly project indicators.
- Develop and implement Project costs and budget plans.
- Review, sign-off and implement Project Quality plans and procedures.
- Review, sign-off and implement Project EHS Management plan.
- Management and motivation of Project construction and Engineering teams.
- Develop and agree on submission and approvals process with client/design consultants.
- Develop and monitor material procurement schedules in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Select and appoint Project Sub-contractors and Supply chain in conjunction with Project teams and specifications
- Chair weekly internal team, supplier and sub-contractor meetings to coordinate and ensure project performance.
- Oversee Project cost/revenue control and report performance and issue weekly reports on same.
- Attendance at client/project management meetings.
- Liaison with Sub-contractor and supplier senior management at the steering group level to avoid project delays.
- Ongoing liaison with Client Design teams and main contractor teams to ensure project performance.
- Develop and implement test and commissioning plan and associated procedures
- Prompt Project close-out and delivery of key documentation (O&M’s, QA close-out, etc).
- Agreement of project commercial close-out (Internal and External Final accounts)
Selection Criteria / Person Specification:
- Ideally 10+ years’ experience in M & E background.
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management.
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good oral & written communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org