Designer Group (DG), is a leading specialist mechanical and electrical service provider, working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors, on a range of high profile projects across the globe. DG is a very established business with the Dublin office employing over 800 staff. The UK business subsequently opened in 2006 and is very successful, growing significantly within the last two years and currently employing over 200 staff which will continue to increase over the next five years. The Group has also recently acquired an energy consultancy business based in the US. Our success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the ‘norm’.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, ambitious and creative Marketing Executive to join our team!
With a passion for creating compelling written and digital content, you will work with the Group Head of
Marketing and Communications to execute the marketing strategy, and help build and maintain a strong and consistent brand in the Ireland, the UK and beyond!
This is an exciting new role that will be integral to the development of a brand-new department within
our established Global business. We are looking for a confident individual, preferably with experience in a B2B, multi-channel marketing position, who can apply their existing skills, whilst developing their own talents and knowledge along the way.
You will work closely with multiple departments, particularly HR, and therefore strong communication
and interpersonal skills are essential. You’ll be an important member of the team, crafting messaging,
presentations and sales collateral, as well as uncovering opportunities to develop new ideas both
online and offline. You will have an abundance of creative flair, with a keen eye for detail and a naturally
analytical and inquisitive mind.
Once settled into your new role, you will be required to assist with the management of our external marketing agency, whom we have an existing relationship with. Your role will be diverse, offering exposure to many facets of marketing, covering day to day department activities and providing important support to the wider business.
The ideal candidate is someone with construction, engineering or professional services background,
and the ability to manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You will be a motivated and
reliable worker who brings enthusiasm and positivity to a team. Although our Group Head of Marketing visits our Dublin office regularly, they are officially based in our UK HQ, and so we are looking for a candidate whom we can trust to work pro-actively and independently.
Digital marketing will be one of your key areas of focus. One of your first projects will be to assist your team with a re-design of our company website. You will then be expected to help maintain the website through a content management system. Social media will also be a focal point of our external communications strategy, and you will generate regular, impactful content that drives traffic and encourages engagement.
- Support the successful implementation of the Group marketing and communications strategy, in partnership with our external agency.
- Support the production of all internal and external communications.
- Ensure our brand is accurately represented according to the brand guidelines across all
channels, templates and documents business wide.
- Communicate with our international offices to assist in their marketing efforts and ensure consistent marcomms across the Group.
- Design and produce ad-hoc marketing materials i.e. flyers, posters, event tickets.
- Create special presentations for tenders, key client meetings and/or events.
- Create project timing plans and write creative briefs.
- Copywrite literature i.e. case studies, with the support of the business’s technical teams.
- Gather business news across the Group and generate effective social media content.
- Support the development of a new company website and maintain updates through the CMS
- Assist with updating the staff intranet system.
- Use SEO best practice to ensure all web content is optimised.
- Create and distribute email marketing campaigns measuring the overall effectiveness.
- Report on all web related activity and metrics via Google Analytics.
- Monitor and report on engagement and activity driven from social posts.
- Undertake market research into our industry and sectors, keeping abreast of technological
- and other relevant digital developments and/or market trends, and make recommendations to
- the business where appropriate to continually improve our marketing strategy.
- Keep a keen eye on our competition and track their marketing activity by conducting regular
- Assist with research, coordination and planning for internal and external events, exhibitions
- and conferences, along with ad-hoc attendance at such events.
- Liaise and manage relationships with various suppliers and vendors such as our external
- agency, venues, printers and photographers.
- Provide crucial administrative support for the Head of Marketing and Communications.
- Maintain our marketing lists and databases ensuring current contact details are correct and up to date.
- Keep track of marketing material stock levels.
- Be flexible at all times to accommodate ad-hoc requirements in order to deliver relevantly and
- timely marketing content and design where required.
- Be a team player. Contribute to the team culture in the office and always be there to help.
- Recognised professional qualification, such as CIM, is desirable.
- Experience of managing social media channels.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with previous exposure of digital and print
- copywriting to meet specific brand tone-of-voice requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of WordPress, Google analytics, Microsoft SharePoint and Mailing
- Manager (or similar).
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and advanced level PowerPoint skills.
- Strong graphic creation skills (knowledge of Adobe CC an advantage).
- Proven ability to manage and prioritise requests working to tight timescales, whilst
- maintaining quality.
- Ability to demonstrate analysis, reporting and ROI on marketing activity.
- Construction or similar industry experience a distinct advantage.
- 3 years experience in a B2B, multi-channel marketing/communication role.
- A bachelor’s degree with significant marketing, business or creative content; or equivalent
- A pleasant, positive and ambitious approach, eager to achieve the best for the overall business.
- A genuine love of design and all things creative.
- Enthusiastic, keen to progress and a “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to self-motivate and be pro-active.
- Articulate and approachable, with brilliant presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A keen eye for detail and excellent proof-reading skills.
- Interest in new trends and software.
- A significant interest in personal development and learning.
- A natural problem solver.
Your application and interview
Please apply with your CV and a written cover letter detailing why you think you would be a good fit for the role. We also want to see your creative flair – so feel free to attach any work you’d like us to see.
The interview process will consist of an initial telephone interview, followed by a face to face interview. Successful candidates will then be invited back for a second stage, where you will be required to present and complete a practical task.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com