Designer Group is a leading international engineering solutions group with operations covering Ireland, the UK, Germany, Africa and the United States.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit a Junior Procurement Administrator for an immediate start.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Supplier Base – Assist in the following tasks:
- Maintain approved supplier listing
- Ensure that all new suppliers are approved appropriately
- Ensure all suppliers have the appropriate accreditations and insurance cover(s)
- Develop and expand the supplier base of the company
Pre order phase
- Ensuring value for money for the company in commercial contacts while minimising risk.
- Liase with Engineers and Project Managers on product specification, lead times and logistics.
- Source and price product for Engineers as required
- Negotiate order price with supplier
- Agree all contractual arrangements with suppliers:
- Place order in timely manner and ensure Engineer made aware of lead time and logistics
- Confirm Advance Payments with A/c’s
- Liase with suppliers regularly regarding account status, improvements to service and process initiatives
- Third Level Qualification an advantage.
- Experience in a target driven, fast paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure whilst adhering to targets
- Strong negotiation skills coupled with written and oral and presentation communication skills
- Motivated self-starter who can work both independently and as a team member
- Full-Time Permanent
- Monday – Friday
- Salary DOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org