Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation to our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
The Instrument Technician is responsible for installing and commissioning the measuring and control devices used in industrial, pharmaceutical and commercial processing. The desired Instrument technician will work with a wide variety of pneumatic, electronic and microcomputer devices used to measure and control pressure, flow, temperature, level, motion, force, and chemical composition.
- Ensuring technical issues are resolved without delay.
- Manage successful handover of all instrumentation.
- Prepare risk assessments, method statements and all aspects relating to Health and Safety.
- Liaise with the project teams to ensure correct operation of the plant on site
- Monitor and record progress on site against the construction programme.
- Maintain and log all changes.
- Cold and hot loop checking
- Calibration of instruments.
- Bench check
- Receipt verification, in and out
- Read and redline system P&ID’s
- Undertake regular meetings with the project manager to maintain progress and to ensure resources are matched to the construction programme
- To liaise with the project manager and prepare the project close out report.
- Review with the project manager the allocation of resources and to review progress.
- Review and ensure that the site based personnel have the correct training and valid certification for the project.
- Develop a strong and maintain an excellent working relationship from the start to the completion of the project.
- Consult manufacturers’ manuals to determine test and maintenance procedures.
- Use pneumatic, electrical and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation, and diagnose faults.
- Consult with and advise process operators.
- Carry out risk assessments.
- Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers’ specifications.
- Work with engineers on basic design.
- Install and maintain instruments on new plant equipment and process equipment.
- Interpret and use appropriate CSA, ISA and API installation standards and practices.
- Level 6 qualification in the electrical trade.
- Detailed knowledge of Electrical Instrumentation and Commercial understanding.
- Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org