Designer Group is a leading international engineering solutions group with operations covering Ireland, the UK, Germany, Africa and the United States.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit a Health and Safety Officer that is passionate and focused about delivering results. While putting our peoples health and well being at the forefront of everything they do. This is a full time, permanent position that will be site based.
Tasks and Responsibilities – Health & Safety Officer (Multi-Site Based)
- Coordinating works with the client, PSDP/PSCS and other trades on site.
- Conducting regular site audits and carrying out inspections to ensure safe operating procedures are adhered to.
- Carry out accident, incident investigations and root cause analysis studies.
- Auditing and assessing potential new contractors before they commence works.
- Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statement are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required.
- Continue to develop the companies Behavioural Safety Policies and carry out training as required.
- Supervise and manage safety and environmental documentation to support the Company’s integrated safety management system.
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the HSA as necessary.
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for personnel working on site.
- Maintain the required SQE registers to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Prepare and deliver training courses, including training assessments.
- Representation at site meetings as may be required.
- Reviewing the SWP’s (Safe Work Plans) for the tasks on site.
- Provide SQE advice and direction to relevant personnel on site as required.
- Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
- Hold a recognised SHEQ qualification
- Minimum of 3/4 years SHEQ Officer experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organisational, training, teamwork and presentation skills
- Excellent literacy, numeric and IT skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Full, clean driving licence
- Flexibility in line with business requirements
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times
To apply for this job email your details to IRLcareers@designergrp.com