Designer Group has established itself as a leading international engineering solutions group.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager, that is passionate about the continued growth and success of the company.
Tasks and Responsibilities – Health & Safety Manager
- Ensure the content of Designer Group Safety Management System is implemented on site and liaise with Main Contractor HSE Departments in relation to the process operation to ensure compliance with Company and Client/main Contractor site safety requirements.
- Liaise with Site Supervisors to ensure all training documentation requirement for process and main site works is up to date and on file.
- Prepare and review, as necessary, site specific RAMS applicable to work areas to ensure both safe place and safe systems of work. Update RAMS as required. This will apply to both the process operation and main site works.
- Complete SQE site audits as required but not less than once per week.
- Be willing to participate in accident/incident and investigations on behalf of Designer Group, as required.
- Participate with Client/Main Contractor site walkabouts, audits and management reviews.
- Prepare and issue weekly reports on the safety performance of Designer Group site personnel and all other personnel under Designer Group control to Designer Group EHS Manager.
- Partake in safety performance meetings with Client, and other site contractors as necessary.
- Liaise with Client/Main Contractor site management in relation to the preparation and implementation of commissioning documentation relevant to BBA operations.
- Ensure all relevant SSWP’s and permit control documentation are completed in compliance with site requirements.
- Partake in site walk-downs with Client or other Main Contractor commissioning personnel to ensure safe operating procedures are in place prior to commencing works.
- Liaise with safety and management personnel from other process contractors on site to ensure safe systems of work are in place at all times.
- Ensure ISO certification and standards are maintained within the areas which come under your control.
- Ensure Health & Safety regulations are correctly interpreted and presented to all personnel under the control of Designer Group.
- Promote good health, safety and environmental practices in accordance with regulations, ensuring regular communication with relevant site personnel.
- If required, over-see Tool Box Talks and provide training to site personnel on their effective delivery.
- Update relevant Designer Group personnel on an as needs basis in relation to PPE equipment, first aid supplies etc.
As part of your role with Designer Group, you will form a key part of the EHS Team looking at new initiatives/work practices, being involved in quality across sites and you will also be required to undertake the following across other projects.
- Liaise with relevant Site Supervisors to ensure necessary SMS documentation is on file and in compliance with legislative requirements.
- Attend internal meeting in Head Office/Sites as may be required. Participation in pre-qualifications, pre-tender meetings, company audits (in-house, SafeT, NSAI etc.)
- Carry out SQE site audits as required.
- Prepare and review site specific RAMS as required.
- Check sub-contractor safety compliance documentation.
- Prepare and issue weekly reports on the safety/quality performance of Designer Group site personnel.
- Attendance at training as may be required, which may involve travel.
- Participation in in-house lean management system for sites.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualification, skills, knowledge and attributes:
- Degree level qualification in Health and Safety
- Five years’ experience in a similar role within the Construction industry
- Good report writing skills with proficiency in MS Office
- Competent in Excel and adept at dealing with large complex spreadsheets
- Team player with ability to work on their own initiative
- Be flexible and prepared to work in any required areas
- A “can do” work ethic with excellent problem solving skills.
To apply for this job email your details to IRLcareers@designergrp.com