Website Designer Group
Designer Group (DG), is a leading specialist Mechanical and Electrical service provider working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high profile projects within London and surrounding areas. DG is a very established business with the Dublin office employing over 800 staff. The UK business subsequently opened in 2006 becoming very successful, growing significantly within the last two years and currently employing over 200 staff which will continue to increase over the next five years. The Group has also recently acquired an energy consultancy business based in the US. Our success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the ‘norm’.
Due to the businesses continued growth we currently have an exciting opportunity for one Quantity Surveyor Graduate to join our business on a permanent, full-time basis based on one of our projects within Central London. Initially there may be some travel to our Head Office in Watford (This travel would also be subsidised) which would allow the Graduate to gain relevant experience within our support departments, including, Pre-construction, Procurement, Design, Engineering and H&S .
This role would suit someone that is keen to develop their career within a growing organisation and has aspirations to become a future manager within the business. We are therefore looking for individuals who are bright, enthusiastic and are looking for a challenge.
- Evaluate the terms and conditions of contracts with particular emphasis on Risk, Program, Terms & Conditions, Design Responsibility etc
- Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the contractual notices required.
- Assistance with the placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with relevant Manager/Buying Department.
- Prepare subcontract documentation and issue enquiries.
- Maintain variation logs
- Evaluation and recovery of any change that is not Designer Group’s risk/ liability including recovery from 3rd parties
- Review Site Programmes in respect to delays, disruption, damage and sub-contract program, and ensure appropriate records are issued accordingly.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks and opportunities
- Understand allowances for elements of work
- Administer and value sub-contractor accounts
- Use the company’s financial systems to the benefit of the business to ensure accurate cost reporting
- Measurement of work to maximise the value of applications to our clients.
- Administration of documentation / record information in order to support the submission of interim applications
- Administer applications for payment and payment of sub-contractors to ensure positive cash flow where possible and fair valuations.
- To assist the Project Quantity Surveyor with preparation of monthly company reports
- Always act in a manner fitting to the business and uphold the company’s standards internally and externally at all times.
- Minimum 2:1 Degree in Building Services Engineering or Quantity Surveying (Must have passed within the last 2 years)
- Be confident and outgoing
- Be able to use their own initiative
- Take responsibility for their own workload
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to communication effectively both written and verbal
- Enjoy problem solving
- Be able to interact confidently with different levels of staff
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have good influencing skills
- Have excellent presentation skills
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
*Please note the scheme starts in September 2020 and application deadlines are 31st January 2020**
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org