Website Designer Group
Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Designer Group (DG), is a leading specialist Mechanical and Electrical service provider working direct to the client or for tier 1 main contractors on a range of high profile projects within London and surrounding areas. DG is a very established business with the Dublin office employing over 800 staff. The UK business subsequently opened in 2006 becoming very successful, growing significantly within the last two years and currently employing over 200 staff which will continue to increase over the next five years. The Group has also recently acquired an energy consultancy business based in the US. Our success depends solely on the quality and motivation of our people and their ability to challenge the ‘norm’.
Due to the businesses continued growth we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer Graduate to join our business on a permanent, full-time basis based on one of our projects within Central London. Initially there may be some travel to our Head Office in Watford (This travel would also be subsidised) which would allow the Graduate to gain relevant experience within our support departments, including, Pre-construction, Procurement, Design, Engineering and H&S .
This role would suit someone that is keen to develop their career within a growing organisation and has aspirations to become a future manager within the business. We are therefore looking for individuals who are bright, enthusiastic and are looking for a challenge.
- Tendering of new bids
- Design review, validation and manage the design development
- Procurement of the mechanical packages
- Planning of the works including design, procurement, installation, commissioning and handover phases in line with Main Contractor and DG procedures
- Preconstruction Management of all aspects such as health & safety, technical submissions, 3D modelling, construction drawing production, prefabrication, Building Control submissions and commissioning management.
- Management of sub-contractors
- Management of all interface elements with Main Contractor specialist packages i.e. lift installations, utilities
- Commercial management – Execution of the mechanical subcontractors contracts, management of the variation account or input as required for the project surveyor to achieve the same
- Ensure that QA procedures are fully implemented on each project in accordance with DG and Main Contractor requirements
- Produce monthly project audits and reports
- Programme/planning management with regular subcontractors progress minuted meetings
- Ensure that works are undertaken in a safe manner in line with company practice, current legislation and good practices, review method statements and risk assessments and undertake regular site safety observations and tours.
- Commissioning management and witnessing. Including production of the commissionability studies taking in to account mechanical disciplines
- Production of the services interface matrix with the commissionability study
- Integrated systems testing including Building Control sign off
- Assist in gaining Practical Completion
- Manage project close out and defects period.
- Minimum 2:1 Degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering (Must have passed within the last 2 years)
- Be confident and outgoing
- Be able to use their own initiative
- Take responsibility for their own workload
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be able to communication effectively both written and verbal
- Enjoy problem solving
- Be able to interact confidently with different levels of staff
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Have good influencing skills
- Have excellent presentation skills
Designer Group is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
*Please note the scheme starts in September 2020 and application deadlines are 31st January 2020**
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com