Designer Group has established itself as a leading Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Company.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit an Electrical Estimator, that is passionate about the continued growth and success of the company.
Role & Responsibilities;
- Will be involved in winning and tendering desired projects and achieving the best deals possible with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Access initial tenders in respect of attractiveness, selectivity, commercial risk and competition, and provide appropriate report to management.
- reviewing tender documentation issued by the client and drive a through understanding of requirements.
- Responsible for accurately quantifying materials, plant and labour requirements for allocated projects, ensure that for pre-designed projects, enquiries relative to the supply of materials, plant and labour is satisfactorily dealt with and that relevant information, contractual and trading particulars are distributed.
- Set up, in conjunction with line manager, estimating process and procedures, systems and data base. Maintain the estimating system to ensure all labour norms and prime costs are correct.
- Prepare tender adjudication pack ready for sign off with senior management (this will include the collation/finalising of mechanical elements).
- Build up labour rate including all factors ad gang mix.
- Prepare Contractors proposals forming part of the tender submission, together with tender programmes, organisation charts, method statements etc.
- Provide a fully detailed tender based on a performance specification and architects layout drawings for a D&B project. Provide design solutions including sketches, drawings , preliminary sizing of plant and equipment and take offs for D&B projects. utilise supply chain for design input.
- Send out enquiries and work closely with procurement manager and supply chain at tender stage to ensue that we have a correct and competitive prime costs. Vet al subcontractors and plant tender submissions for compliance.
- Cost preliminaries based on contract duration and requirements.
- Collate the mechanical estimate in conjunction with mechanical estimator and put the final bid together.
- Provide estimating work load planner and maintain a data base of bids submitted.
- Follow up bids submission and bid manage through to contract where required. This will include obtaining feedback on our price.
- Provide monthly estimating report to management.
- Provide Value engineering options (VE) and associated costs utilising innovation and the supply chain to ensure we add value in our tender where appropriate.
- As may be required, attend site surveys and liaise with other departments, suppliers and sub-contractors to tender submission stage, negotiate lowest price with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Represent the Company at meetings with clients as required.
- Undertake other duties as requested, form time to time, that fall within the scope of the position.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an electrical estimator role.
- Proven track record in delivering results.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Be a Brand Ambassador.