Designer Group is a leading international engineering solutions group with operations covering Ireland, the UK, Germany, Africa and the United States.
As part of our continued growth we are looking to recruit a Contracts Manager, that is passionate about the continued growth and success of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Required to supervise and direct operations on M&E Projects, ensuring projects are completed safely, to a high quality standard, on time and within budget.
- Producing and issuing programmes, detailing labour histograms, milestones etc.
- Design development, value engineering, pre and post contract commencement. Scheduling budgets, achieving targets, identifying variations and changes. Closely monitor the usage of materials and resources on projects.
- Manage all aspects of programming or works and monitoring building progress, specified and alternative equipment submittals, compliance with regulations and issue weekly progress reports.
- Oversee the contracting process with chosen sub-contractors/specialists and ensure works are carried out correctly and per contract and relevant specifications.
- Supervision of personnel on site – specialist sub-contractors, agency and direct employees.
- Ensure bus-contractors/specialists and agency personnel are aware and adhere to Company policies.
- Ensure Site Managers plan all labour and material requirements at least two weeks in advance, ensuring adequate stocks/materials are available on site at all times.
- Coordination of installation.
- Review design process to ensure that installations are fit for purpose.
- Ensure weekly progress reports are issued, for example RFI’s, procurement schedules, technical submittals, program responses, critical date, identification and any documentation that is specific to projects which you are involved in.
- Ensure Site Manager takes full responsibility for organising, checking and controlling plant and material movement.
- Liaison with clients, main contractors and other trades personnel as and when required.
- Actively seek out meetings and build relationships with consulting engineers, designers, architects and relevant project team personnel.
- Seek out and bring new opportunities for business to designer group.
- Attendance at all project meetings with both the design team and sub-contractors and oversee ad execute the effective control and use of both labour and materials on projects.
- Hold regular project meetings with both the design team and sub-contractors and oversee and execute the effective control and use of both labour and materials on projects.
- Monitor Site Mangers role to ensure the installations are ready for commissioning on the due dates and manage commissioning so that no liquidated damages are incurred on any project.
- In conjunction with Project QS ensure lists of variations are complied and issues in accordance with project/contract requirements.
- Issue monthly valuations on projects.
- Have a full understanding and knowledge of the financial status of projects.
- Close out projects successfully and to budgeted profit levels.
- Be responsible for implementing Designer group Health and Safety Procedures and reporting to the Company’s Health and Safety Manager.
- Comply with designer Group Quality, Safety and Environmental Systems including monitoring and maintaining site documentation.
- Comply with Designer Group Policies and Procedures throughout the day to day working.
Skills and experience;
- Ideally 10+ years’ experience in M & E background.
- Ability to demonstrate building strong working relationships & stakeholder management.
- Excellent Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good oral & written communication skills
The successful candidate will be required to travel abroad to Kenya for a period of time as part of the role.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com