Website Designer Group
Designer Group is a leading global mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation of our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of surveyors to provide commercial services to the company to industry practice.
- Development of commercial reporting, administration, communication and ERP processes to industry best practices and the business needs currently and in the future.
- Establish good relationships with PQSs in order to agree on final accounts.
- Deal with suppliers and subcontractors during the procurement process, where necessary, in order to get the best value for Designer Group.
- Development in conjunction with the commercial director best in class contract documentation for use with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Constantly developing the QS side of the business to make Designer Group the most efficient company in the sector.
- Oversee the inputting of budgets and running of projects through the RedSky Job Costing System. Liaise monthly with Contracts Managers regarding meeting budgets on projects.
- Placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with the relevant Manager/Buying Department.
- Measurement of work to maximise the value of applications to our clients.
- Administer applications for payment and payment of subcontractors to ensure positive cash flow where possible and fair valuations.
- Evaluate the terms and conditions of sub-contractors with particular emphasis on Risk, Program, Terms & Conditions, Design Responsibility etc.
- Prepare tender risk Analysis based on a standard format, Contract documentation including bill of quantities.
- Run accurate Commercial Cost Control Reports on projects ensuring reports clearly identify committed most, forecasts costs for materials, sub-contract and labour in addition to preliminaries etc,
- Preparation and monitoring of project cash flow feeding up to a master company cash flow.
- Set up and maintain variation logs with feed into costs as outlined above for all client variations and sub-contractors variations, including the management and agreement of such variations.
- Review site programmes in respect to delays, disruption, damage and subcontract program.
- Ensure that the client relationships are enhanced to maximise on current and future opportunities.
- Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
- To prepare and present monthly company reports at each project and/or business review, in-line with company formats and standards.
- Provide advise on contractual claims – analysing outcomes and forecast and report as required.
- Use the company’s financial systems to the benefit of the business to ensure accurate cost reporting.
- Always act in a manner fitting to the business and uphold the company’s standards internally and externally at all times.
- Preparation of monthly commercial reports.
- Third level Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills dealing with design team/client/meetings etc.
- Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org