Designer Group is a leading Global Engineering Contractor specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation to our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
- Liaising with client representatives, project manager, site supervisors and with our own design team
- Development of models and reports in line with company requirements.
- Production of GA’s and detailing sheets.
- Assist and manage our transition from 2D tools to 3D.
- Manage the in-house drawing control and drawing schedules, ensuring we are up to date with drawing management.
- Assist in the implementation of 3D tools with our BIM technicians.
- Assist in the implementation of 4D tools with Project Teams.
- Assist in the implementation of 5D tools with our Estimation Team.
- Assist in the implementation of 6D tools with our Operations Team.
- Assist in the implementation of 7D tools with our FM Team.
- Assist in the implementation on off-site drawing and model control/storage.
- Assistance in the overall development of the BIM protocols and systems. This to include marketing BIM capability as necessary to external clients/consultants. Championing the benefits of BIM internally to existing employees.
- Training and mentoring of staff on completion of training modules.
- Ensure continual improvement of integrated management system, looking at new and future technologies.
- Complete material procurement schedules.
- Complete material requisitions programming (timelines) for projects.
- Deal with sub-contractors, client consultants and GC to ensure correct installation
- Operate to health + safety requirements
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Company EHS, QA/QC Policies and systems.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ Years experience in a similar role.
- Bachelors Degree in Building Information Modelling or equivalent discipline.
- Problem solving and resolution of co-ordination and design road blocks.
- Responsible for production of 3D Construction models from base information – PID’s, Scan of facility and Cloud data.
- Provision of construction detailing on the systems to enable the automatic production of isometrics and BOM
- Clash management on all systems.
- Field surveying and verification.
- Co-ordinate installation of MEP services with other trades, ensuring QA/QC compliance.
- Development of systems and designs, co-ordinated building services layouts, management of drawing registers and standards.
- The production of builders works schedules and associated drawings.
- Production of 2D and 3D design drawings, prefabrication isometrics and details.
- Salary DOE
- Health Care Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org