Designer Group is a leading international engineering solutions group with operations covering Ireland, the UK, Germany, Africa and the United States.
We are currently looking to recruit a BIM Coordinator to join our team. This is a full time, permanent position and will be located in our Offices in Blanchardstown.
- Liaising with client representatives, project manager, site supervisors and with our own design team
- Development of models and reports in line with company requirements.
- Production of GA’s and detailing sheets.
- Assist and manage our transition from 2D tools to 3D.
- Manage the in-house drawing control and drawing schedules, ensuring we are up to date with drawing management.
- Assist in the implementation of 3D tools with our BIM technicians.
- Assist in the implementation of 4D tools with Project Teams.
- Assist in the implementation of 5D tools with our Estimation Team.
- Assist in the implementation of 6D tools with our Operations Team.
- Assist in the implementation of 7D tools with our FM Team.
- Assist in the implementation on off-site drawing and model control/storage.
- Assistance in the overall development of the BIM protocols and systems. This to include marketing BIM capability as necessary to external clients/consultants. Championing the benefits of BIM internally to existing employees.
- Training and mentoring of staff on completion of training modules.
- Ensure continual improvement of integrated management system, looking at new and future technologies.
- Complete material procurement schedules.
- Complete material requisitions programming (timelines) for projects.
- Deal with sub-contractors, client consultants and GC to ensure correct installation
- Operate to health + safety requirements
- Ensure compliance and adherence to Company EHS, QA/QC Policies and systems.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ Years experience in a similar role.
- Bachelors Degree in Building Information Modelling or equivalent discipline.
- Problem solving and resolution of co-ordination and design road blocks.
- Responsible for production of 3D Construction models from base information – PID’s, Scan of facility and Cloud data.
- Provision of construction detailing on the systems to enable the automatic production of isometrics and BOM
- Clash management on all systems.
- Field surveying and verification.
- Co-ordinate installation of MEP services with other trades, ensuring QA/QC compliance.
- Development of systems and designs, co-ordinated building services layouts, management of drawing registers and standards.
- The production of builders works schedules and associated drawings.
- Production of 2D and 3D design drawings, prefabrication isometrics and details.
- Salary DOE
- Health Care Scheme
- Company Pension Scheme
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org