Website Designer Group
Associate Quantity Surveying Director
Designer Group is a leading international mechanical & electrical provider specialising in turnkey packages for the design, supply and installation of utilities. Headquartered in Dublin, with regional offices in Limerick, the UK, Germany, Africa and the USA, we directly employ over 1000 staff across the Group. As an industry leader, we work with some of the world’s largest multinational companies.
Our people are the foundation to our continued growth across all client sectors. We invest in our people and have a philosophy of continuous professional development. This investment has produced an innovative and passionate team that deliver projects for our clients safely, efficiently and to the highest standards in the industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
This a senior position within the business in Ireland and the ideal candidate will be degree qualified QS with experience in a similar role in the MEP industry.
- Manage the daily quantity surveying function in the business including;
- Project cashflow preparation and management.
- Cost value reconciliations.
- Labour management tracking
- General contract administration
- Team resource scheduling
- Team development both individual CPD and the professional team dynamic
- Project risk mitigation
- Procurement tracking
- Strategize commercial project delivery
- Development of commercial reporting, administration, communication and ERP processes to industry best practices and the business needs currently and in the future.
- Establish good relationships with PQSs in order to agree final accounts.
- Constantly developing the QS side of the business to make Designer Group the most efficient company in the sector.
- Oversee the inputting of budgets and running of projects through the RedSky Job Costing System. Liaise monthly with Contracts Managers regarding meeting budgets on projects.
- Placement of sub-contract orders in conjunction with relevant Manager/Buying Department.
- Prepare tender risk Analysis based on standard format, Contract documentation including bill of quantities.
- Ensure that the client relationships are enhanced to maximise on current and future opportunities.
- Identify, analyse and develop Reponses to commercial risks in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
- To prepare and present monthly company reports at each project and/or business review, in-line with company formats and standards.
- Provide advice on contractual claims – analysing outcomes and forecast and report as required.
- Use the company’s financial systems to the benefit of the business to ensure accurate cost reporting and controls.
- Third level Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Experience of the management of multi-level professional teams, across a range of projects.
- Minimum of 4+ years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills dealing with design team / client / meetings etc.
- Clear professional credibility.
- Excellent attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative.