How we use your information
- This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Designer Group (DG) collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about visitors to our website, job applicants, current and former employees.
- If you are an employee of DG, full details of the purposes for which we hold and manage your personal data, our obligations as an employer and your legal rights as an employee are contained in a separate Data Protection Policy. This is included in your Employee Handbook and also available on DG Hub.
- DG is the data controller for the information you provide unless otherwise stated.
- Full details of information we require and how we manage and safeguard personal data provided by prospective employees are provided in our Data Protection and Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
- Designer Group complies with all appropriate data protection principles. We will therefore:
- process data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner and process it for only specified and lawful purposes;
- ensure that all data obtained is adequate and relevant to those lawful purposes and is accurate, up to date and kept no longer than necessary;
- process all data in accordance with each individual’s statutory rights;
- take the appropriate security measures to protect the data from unauthorised disclosures.
- Under current Data Protection law, you have rights as an individual that you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you. Where these relate to current or former employees, your rights are set out in our separate Data Protection policy which is included in the Employee Handbook and on DG Hub.
Access to personal information
- Individuals can find out if Designer Group holds any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
- To make a request to Designer Group for any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing addressed to the Office Manager at the address provided below.
- If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
- If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by contacting the Human Resources Department.
Complaints or queries
- Designer Group is happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed with regard to any aspect of the company’s collection and use of personal information.
- Any requests for this should be sent to the address below, as should any complaint about the way we have processed your personal information.
Changes to this privacy notice
- We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 24th May 2018.
How to contact us
or write to:
Fiona Ebbs HR Administration (Data Protection lead) Designer Group
Blanchardstown Technological and Business Park Snugborough Road
For the UK
You can email email@example.com
or write to:
Shirley Jones, Office Manager (Data Protection lead) Designer Group
First Floor, Egale 1
St. Alban’s Road
Watford WD17 1RP